Celebrating Bike Month safely
Bike Month will necessarily be different this year. With a focus on well-being and connection, we’re highlighting how #BikesUniteKC and benefit physical and mental health. Whether you’re riding for fun, fitness or with family or taking essential trips to work or shop, you are part of our movement for safer streets, connected communities, a healthier planet and happier people.
In light of social distancing measures, we strongly discourage in-person gatherings for Bike Month. Instead, virtual events, social media campaigns and online workshops can help bring cyclists together while staying apart. All events must adhere to stay-at-home orders and follow CDC's social distancing guidelines.
Why Bike Month?
Established by the League of American Bicyclists in 1956 and celebrated in communities across the country, National Bike Month is an opportunity to celebrate cycling and the many reasons we ride. Let this Bike Month be your inspiration to explore your neighborhood or participate in bike-friendly activities!
Bike to Work Week
- Bike to Work Week happens Sept. 21-27, 2020.
- Bike to Work Day will coincide with Car Free Day on Sept. 22, 2020.
- The National Bike Challenge 2020 is kicking off May and runs through September.
- National Recreation & Parks Association information on social distancing while using public space
- CDC Guidelines
- Find and follow your local stay-at-home orders
Don't have a bike?
RideKC Bike is offering free rides for the first 20 minutes during the COVID-19 crisis.